Friday, August 27, 2010

Chocolate cake recipe : A perfect taste

In relation to baking, everyone has a different way of going about it. Some people comply with a recipe exactly while others take a recipe to make it their own. As long as the end result works out very scrumptious, what does it matter? Experimentation and getting new ingredients and methods for baking is all part of people having their own preferences and creativity. Plus, it is the method in which new recipes are placed into publication. There's one thing which is, for me, incredibly hard to mess up - a chocolate cake recipe. There isn't a chocolate cake recipe around the world that has not become something that I've considered to be terrible. Sure, some of them can use some improvement, but chocolate is my weakness. So long as it turns out fluffy and moist, I'm in heaven.

No matter what cookbook you go through, you will find a chocolate cake recipe, or several, that will tempt you beyond belief. You will have different toppings, ingredients or icings that will be proposed. You can pick the chocolate cake recipe that fits the quantity of work that you're comfortable with making. Would you like to obtain additional information about chocolate? This French post concerning chocolate (chocolat) features some helpful information and may be interesting for you to have a look.

My grandmother used to make the finest cakes. Each year, for my birthday, she would make me a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. For me, you'll find nothing better. She never discussed her recipe with anyone, she merely enjoyed we all drooling over it and praising her skills. Her birthday cakes were the primary reason I looked forward to my birthdays. In her final year of life, she was rather sick. My birthday must have been a week away and she called me to inform me that she was extremely sorry but she wouldn't manage to bake my cake. She did not believe that she had the strength or energy. But, she wished to pass her secret chocolate cake recipe we all longed to obtain. Within a day, it was within my hands. I just read over it, spotting that the last ingredient stated was "love". My eyes welled up and I made a decision that I would be baking my very own birthday cake that year. I did exactly that, following her chocolate cake recipe to the exact details. On the night of my birthday, I took my grandmother a piece of cake. She ate it very slowly, telling me how great it was. I saw the look of happiness in her eyes.

No matter how many chocolate cake recipes you will find in your lifetime, you'll always have one that you're attached to. Perhaps it simply tastes the best, or even it has sentimental meaning.

No comments: